TrovaTrip is a travel planning and booking platform for content creators. We’re a team of trail blazers–and not just because we are based in Portland, OR. We take a crawl, walk, sprint approach to everything we do and bring along the best talent to make it all happen. Our mission is to make travel easier, safer and more accessible to all. From backpacking to Patagonia to practicing yoga on the beaches of Bali – we make it possible with 150 unique experiences in 48 countries.
When it comes to lighting the way, our team works together with full openness and transparency including our dedication to diversity and inclusion throughout our customer-base and employees. We value empathy, questioning the process and thinking sideways to build the leading platform in group travel.
Ultimately, we care about getting it right and delivering the best possible experience for our community of travel buffs. If you are looking to develop your career and thrive off a fast-paced, collaborative culture where you can make an impact.
About the position:
Trip Designers are integral to TrovaTrip offering exciting, rewarding and safe travel experiences for hosts and travelers. From researching and designing a diverse selection of itineraries to working with local operators to ensure trips operate smoothly, this wide-ranging role requires an equally analytical and creative mind.
- Work with the sales team to prioritize category and destination growth.
- Own the itinerary lifecycle, including designing, reviewing, refreshing and costing all itineraries and experiences.
- Be a knowledge bank for your destinations through research, inspections and meetings with operators.
- Design trips in conjunction with Operators, ensuring TrovaTrip has the right experiences for today and tomorrow’s hosts.
- Request from operator the cost for itineraries, transfers and experiences.
- Analyze costs using price targets set by Sales.
- Provide destination and itinerary training to TrovaTrip staff.
- Direct experience in the Travel Industry.
- A passion for travel & learning.
- Experience with group travel logistics.
- Comfortable compiling and analyzing pricing data using spreadsheet apps.
- Great organizational skills - there are a lot of moving pieces in this role.
- Integrity and a commitment to excellence - these trips are once-in-a-lifetime for our travelers, so it is essential they are designed and operated as such.
- An open mind - you will be dealing with people from all over the world and from all walks of life.
Some of our TrovaTrip Perks include:
- Paid Time Off with additional Paid Time Off accrual based on tenure
- Volunteer Paid Time Off
- Trip perk credit vouchers for use on any TrovaTrip anywhere in the world with additional PTO!
- Up to 12 weeks paid parental leave for birthing parent
- Up to 4 weeks paid parental leave for non-birthing parent
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401k program
- Great office location in the Pearl District, Portland, OR
TrovaTrip is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. TrovaTrip considers equal opportunity, diversity, and inclusion to be fundamental to the mission of the company. TrovaTrip benefits include health care, vision, dental, trip perks, paid time off, and retirement savings.