TrovaTrip is a trip management platform dedicated to making travel safer and more accessible to all. Our mission is to enhance lives via meaningful connections, learning, and exploration. Our team of travel enthusiasts lives out our mission daily.
Our determination is to make TrovaTrip one of the best places to work by building trust, respecting personal boundaries, valuing work-life balance, promoting diversity, and inclusiveness. While instilling a true sense of ownership and belonging among every employee that will transcend to delighting customers to creating true market value. We believe in an environment where creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured.
If you are looking to develop your career and thrive off of a fast-paced, collaborative culture where you can make an impact, you may be a fit for this position within the TrovaTrip Engineering team.
About the position:
- Build back-end and front-end services and APIs to drive existing and new features for web and mobile apps.
- Collaborate with Product to create clear technical specifications and deliverables.
- Own features and products from specification phase through to delivery.
- Contribute to roadmap development and represent engineering in planning discussions.
- Become a technical expert and leader of a software domain.
- Marketplace web application connecting travelers, hosts, and international tour operators.
- Digital assets supporting hosts to market and sell trips to prospective travelers online.
- UI component library to let us build flexible and beautiful user interfaces.
- Mobile applications to connect travelers and hosts more closely to each other and to their destinations.
- 5+ years of software development experience as a full stack engineer shipping to production.
- Excellent knowledge of Typescript and/or ES6+ JavasScript, HTML, CSS.
- Experience in some of these technologies: React/ReactNative, Node.js, MongoDB, Memcached, Heroku, Continuous Integration, Automation Frameworks.
- Passion for learning, working with others, and making everyone on the team better.
Some of our TrovaTrip Perks include:
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Volunteer Paid Time Off
- Trip perk credit vouchers for use on any TrovaTrip anywhere in the world with additional PTO!
- Up to 12 weeks paid parental leave for birthing parent
- Up to 4 weeks paid parental leave for non-birthing parent
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401k program with a match!
- Great office location on the waterfront in the Pearl District, Portland, OR
- Flex/Remote Work Environment
TrovaTrip is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. TrovaTrip considers equal opportunity, diversity, and inclusion to be fundamental to the mission of the company. TrovaTrip benefits include health care, vision, dental, trip perks, paid time off, and retirement savings.