Customer Service Manager
TrovaTrip is a travel planning and booking platform for content creators. We’re a team of trail blazers–and not just because we are based in Portland, OR. We take a crawl, walk, sprint approach to everything we do and bring along the best talent to make it all happen. Our mission is to make travel easier, safer and more accessible to all. From backpacking to Patagonia to practicing yoga on the beaches of Bali – we make it possible with 150 unique experiences in 48 countries.
When it comes to lighting the way, our team works together with full openness and transparency including our dedication to diversity and inclusion throughout our customer-base and employees. We value empathy, questioning the process and thinking sideways to build the leading platform in group travel.
Ultimately, we care about getting it right and delivering the best possible experience for our community of travel buffs. If you are looking to develop your career and thrive off a fast-paced, collaborative culture where you can make an impact, see our open job positions with the TrovaTrip team.
About this position:
Our customer service team is the main point of contact for our travelers and prospective travelers. They work to resolve their issues and answer their queries in a timely manner. Our CS Manager must be a motivating team player who displays an acute attention to detail, has an analytical mind, keeps calm under pressure, and is passionate about travel and customer satisfaction.
- Oversees the CS team.
- Handles escalation calls or tickets.
- Has a strong understanding of CS tools and platforms.
- Creates new processes and procedures to support our growing CS function.
- Provides support over the phone and email to address customer questions and secure potential trip bookings.
- Actively listen to customers to confirm and clarify information and diffuse potential escalations.
- Focus on efficiency and speed while ensuring that customer satisfaction remains the top priority.
- Effectively utilize internal tools to navigate customer queries and solve issues.
- Continuously engage in training and other learning opportunities to expand knowledge of the company, product and role.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- 2-4 years in Customer Service roles with 1-2 years in a management or team lead position
- Call center experience required
- A passion for travel & learning
- A love for the details
- Comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Great organizational skills - there are a lot of moving pieces in this role.
- Integrity and a commitment to excellence - these trips are once-in-a-lifetime for our travelers, so it is essential they are designed and operated as such
- An open mind - you will be dealing with people from all over the world and from all walks of life.
Some of our TrovaTrip Perks include:
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Volunteer Paid Time Off
- Trip perk credit vouchers for use on any TrovaTrip anywhere in the world with additional PTO!
- Up to 12 weeks paid parental leave for birthing parent
- Up to 4 weeks paid parental leave for non-birthing parent
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401k program with a match!
- Great office location in the Pearl District, Portland, OR
- Flex Work Environment
TrovaTrip is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. TrovaTrip considers equal opportunity, diversity, and inclusion to be fundamental to the mission of the company. TrovaTrip benefits include health care, vision, dental, trip perks, paid time off, and retirement savings.