Business Development Representative
TrovaTrip is a trip management platform dedicated to making travel safer and more accessible to all. Our mission is to enhance lives via meaningful connections, learning, and exploration. Our team of travel enthusiasts lives out our mission daily.
Our determination is to make TrovaTrip one of the best places to work by building trust, respecting personal boundaries, valuing work-life balance, promoting diversity, and inclusiveness. While instilling a true sense of ownership and belonging among every employee that will transcend to delighting customers to creating true market value. We believe in an environment where creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured.
If you are looking to develop your career and thrive off a fast-paced, collaborative culture where you can make an impact, you may be a fit for this position within the TrovaTrip Sales Team.
About this position:
As a Business Development Representative, you're responsible for prospecting new customers (Hosts) to use our platform to plan, sell and host group trips with their audience. This includes researching and finding prospective customers, qualifying and contacting them directly, and scheduling meetings for the Account Management team to onboard Hosts to the platform. You will report to Sales Management and work closely with Account Management, Trip Management, Marketing, and Product teams. The ideal candidate is organized, creative, and results-oriented.
- Prospect online and across social media platforms to find potential customers.
- Develop and execute strategies for acquiring new Hosts.
- Use creative messaging and email automation to grow your pipeline.
- Build and maintain a pipeline of qualified leads.
- Schedule meetings for the Account Management team.
- Identify Host key performance indicators within your assigned category.
- Work closely with Account Management to develop new tactics for acquiring Hosts.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Achieve your quarterly meeting and trip confirmation quota.
- A passion for travel, learning and exploration
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Enthusiastic problem solver
- Organized self-starter
- Social media guru
- Creative thinker
- BA/BS Degree
- 1-3 years of professional experience
- Experience in Sales or Business Development
- Experience in Marketing
- Experience using a CRM
- Experience using Asana
- Experience using Marketing Automation Platforms
Some of our TrovaTrip Perks include:
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Volunteer Paid Time Off
- Trip perk credit vouchers for use on any TrovaTrip anywhere in the world with additional PTO!
- Up to 12 weeks paid parental leave for birthing parent
- Up to 4 weeks paid parental leave for non-birthing parent
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401k program with a match!
- Great office location on the waterfront in the Pearl District, Portland, OR
- Flex Work Environment
TrovaTrip is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. TrovaTrip considers equal opportunity, diversity, and inclusion to be fundamental to the mission of the company. TrovaTrip benefits include health care, vision, dental, trip perks, paid time off, and retirement savings.